She likes long walks on the beach, our mutual love of Tim Ferriss, and working from home.
More importantly, she was one of our first AE course members and is a great example of market research reaping rewards. She still makes $500/day on her first app, “Cut Me In“. On this App Hot Seat, we’ll analyze Sophie’s past, current, and future apps. We’ll talk about developing for the same app genres, updating your apps, the importance of analytics, and the best ways to convert your customer.
Watch below to learn from Sophie’s journey:
Note: The video connection was choppy, but the audio is still good. We’ve included a time-guide below so you can jump between topics.
- Sophie’s story and motivation for getting into apps
- App business beginnings, new goals, and current earnings
- Should I keep focusing on the same kind of apps? What you should be looking at.
- Creating different companies for apps and split testing.
- Keyword algorithms and keeping sane with Apple reviewers.
- Optimizing and how often you should update apps?
- In-app purchases
- Bad Reviews
- Ad placement, Banners, and Pop-ups
- Call to action: the “More” screen
- Tracking, testing, analytics
- What ideas to pursue next?
- How much should I spend on graphics?
- Incorporating Affiliate links into your app.
- More screen design – What works?
- Creative push notification copy.
- Coming up with ideas and financing future apps.
How often do you analyze your business? How have your goals evolved?
Powered by Facebook Comments